Tools & Tips
TEC Powered By ASAE Tools & Tips for Attendees
Equipment and Materials
Set Up and Test Your Equipment in Advance
Control Your Environment as Best You Can
- We recommend you use a computer or a tablet for the best experience. The system is not responsive on a cell phone.
- Chrome and Firefox are the recommended browsers and will give you the best experience.
- Make sure you are on the most current version!
- Allow cookies to our sites.
- Allow pop-up windows on our sites.
- Allow your browser access to your mic & camera if you are participating in video chats.
- Please do NOT use Internet Explorer as it is not compatible with the platform.
- Do not connect with a VPN during the conference; turn off your VPN.
- Firewall minimum requirements: Assumed by default is that TCP ports 80 and 443 are open. Some firewall rules only allow for TCP traffic over port 443, make sure that all traffic can pass over this port. If you continue to experience issues, you may need to open UDP ports 1025 - 65535.
- Do a few systems checks as soon as possible:
- Run an Internet Speed Test to ensure a good browsing experience. Any speed less than 25 mbps may result in slower page loads.
- BigMarker is the session platform we’ll be using. Run a BigMarker systems check to ensure smooth sailing for session participation.
- Test your system at again at least 60 minutes prior to the live event. This includes your network connection, device battery life (including keyboard and mouse!), and speakers.
- ASAE is unable to assist with IT issues such as browser permissions (i.e. if your camera is not discoverable or blocked), firewall issues, etc. Please contact your organization's IT department for help on these matters. See here to problem solve Firefox camera and mic permissions. See here to problem solve Chrome camera and mic permissions.
Troubleshooting Technical Difficulties
- Mute other devices that might interfere with your computer audio.
- Create a learning-conducive environment, eliminating as many distractions as possible. Close out of other tabs and mute notifications, if possible.
- Prepare your space with anything you may need during the virtual program (appropriate chargers, note-taking materials, water, etc.).
Engagement Through the Chat Feature
- The webinar technology runs on higher bandwidth. Please know that some WiFi connections may be spotty.
- Some networks cause slides to advance more slowly than others. If your slides are behind or you are having audio issues, please try to refresh the page.
- If you have any problems within the eShow platform, there will be a Help Desk available during the conference.
Make the Most of Your Virtual TEC Experience
- Take note of how the presenter intends to utilize the chat feature as well as the Q&A field. Participate in questions and polls to stay engaged with the session.
- Questions for the presenters can be submitted through the Q&A function or within the chat. Chat can also be a great way to engage and connect with other attendees.
- Check out the full conference schedule at https://tec.asaecenter.org/schedule.cfm in advance to plan your day.
- Within the platform be sure to explore all areas of the conference, including the theater and
- TEC Exploration - Virtual Expo Hall. Be sure to note times that these areas are open with staff and industry partners available to chat.
Need technical help with the eShow Platform or have a general conference question during the event? Stop by the Help Desk where eShow staff can help you.